Truths About Your Water - What is Actually Best for Your Family?
Everyone from the First World to the Third World countries that meet World Health Organisation (WHO)’s water standards - has indeed set the standard for safe drinking water, fit for consumption by the entire population. However little do people know the truths behind the drinking water we have today.
Shocking to many, a typical glass of WHO-approved drinkable tap water contains the following types of contaminants at different levels:
- Inorganic Compounds - such as calcium,magnesium,sodium,iron, aluminium, lead, phosphorus and other elements and compounds that can be found on the periodic table. While calcium, magnesium and several of the inorganic elements are recognised to be essential elements with regards to human nutrition, WHO clearly states that “no attempt has been made here at this time to define a minimum desirable concentration of such substances in drinking water.”
- Organic Compounds - such as residue from pesticides, antibiotics,mineral oils,petroleum by-products, and other man-made carbon-based compounds.
- Particulate Matter - such as sand, soil, rust, soot,dust and dirt.
- Bacteria,Viruses and Fungi - as well as other life forms such as prions,which have no genetic nucleus.
- Dissolved Gases - such as nitrogen,oxygen, carbon dioxide, chlorine and fluorine, the last two being components of public water treatment.
In WHO’s perspective, water that meets these requirements and conditions are just satisfactory to certain limits, basically pertaining to the bare minimum safety limits. But for a group of health-conscious consumers of water, water that meets some basic clean water requirements is far from ideal - or even the least to say it is healthy - over the long run, we are seriously looking into the health of our loved ones, from the youngest to the most senior in our homes.
So what is the best - For you and your family?
With what was mentioned earlier, so what kind of water is the safest and ideal for drinking, especially for my family? Most consumers will tell you that ideally, drinkable water should contain nothing but water. But experts tell us what’s better than that ideal is water that’s safer,cleaner,and tastes and smells better - and also makes you healthier. Thus, consumers should look out for these 3 additional properties in their drinking water:
- Alkaline water properties to neutralise over acidity - Alkaline water has a pH level above 7.0 , neutral water at exactly 7.0 pH while acidic water resides below 7.0 pH. It is well known that alkaline mineral water is good for health. WHO even accommodates a broad range of pH levels for potable water, ranging from 5.0 to 8.0, in order to keep drinking water affordable to all.
- Antioxidant properties to combat aging and boost immunity - Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) is a scientific measurement of the relative ability of water to bond with active oxygen molecules - free radicals - promoting its antioxidants properties. WHO does not specify ORP values for potable water, leaving consumer individuals to determine the amount of antioxidants desired for themselves.
- Small water cluster properties to enhance hydration and detoxification - Potable water has a typical molecule cluster size of around 11 to 13, and consequently not being absorbed easily by the body, compared to ionized alkaline mineral water that has a much smaller molecule cluster size of about 6 to 8 instead. However, cluster size is only measurable using nuclear magnetic resonance technology, and is otherwise not specified by WHO in its potable water quality standards.
From hindsight, more and more families are turning towards ionized alkaline water as a healthier replacement for the traditional drinking water. However, there are still many out there that want to convert but are unaware of how to do so. Moreover, with so many options out there, consumers are still spoilt for choice when it comes to selecting a good functional water purifier, especially when it involves health and well-being.
Well, don’t let doubts and confusion hinder you from getting to know more. Simply sign up for a water demo or a hydration seminar with H2O LIFE SOURCE and we will explain what’s in the water you are drinking and why ionized alkaline water is deemed as the closest gift from mother nature when it comes to health and wellness for the whole family.